Sunday, May 6, 2007

greetings from Deva

Hola! Thanks for all the notes and pledges -- you´re wonderful. This is going to be a fast one since I am using a borrowed computer in the pension where we are staying. This is a charming little beaschside village and the weather has turned nice. One aspect that could have been easilypredicted, had I thought about it, is the coastal wind. If you´re in the sun it´s refreshing, if you are n teh shade, it´s freezing. So far the walking has been pretty challenging (a couple of blisters in the making, nothing too serioua) but incredibly beautiful -- very green like Ireland. When I get to the next big town I will find an Internet cafe where I can upload some photos and spend more time describing the path and the other pilgrims. So far no snorers! Tmorrow is a very long day with lots of elevation gain but the upside is an albergue in a monastery that is supposed to be incredible. Sorry ofr the typos :-) Miss you!

4 comments:

Booklady752 said...

dana
this is andrea, a friend of ronnie's, and what you are doing is GREAT! do you have an address for your previous walk?
i just got back from africa and enjoyed writing my own blog and having people respond! so, know that another traveler is enjoying your trip, too!
good luck!
andrea

creativebeadz said...

Great to hear you're on your way. The wind and the coast: sorry you're freezing. I'm off to Toronto 'til next week and look forward to reading your next post when I return. Robin

Anonymous said...

Dana, Walk on, girl. I'm thinking of you often and look forward to you pix and posts. Sorry to tell you that it's really warm here - in the 90s. Wish we could send just enough warmth for you. Diane

rileysmom said...

Hola Dana!!!
Great to read about your adventures and view your pictures. I have seen Kali at the dog park several times and she comes running like always for her treat. She looks good. It is 5/9 and still no grandbaby. The doctor thinks it will be any day. I hope so for Dia's sake.
Take care and be safe.
Hasta luego,
Pat